Junior Systems Administrator (Burnaby)
0footprint Tech Services Inc is looking for a junior systems administrator.
To assist as systems administrator providing break-fix and managed services support. The work includes some travel to customer site and a valid drivers license and personal vehicle are MANDATORY.
1 - 3 years experience in a similar role.
Your work includes:
- Troubleshoot desktop and network problems as per SLAs
- Changes to Active Directory infrastructure
- New installs of active directory domains
- Supporting managed services functions - patching, asset management, license management, anti-virus and backup management
- Taking part in an on-call rotation for after-hours support emergencies.
- Monitoring emails and operational alerts.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Your skill set will include the following:
- Understand local area networking and setting up and configuring end user devices - desktops, printers, wireless access points and other wireless devices
- Must have knowledge of setting up windows active directory domains, group policy management, file and print services, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Exchange, virtual private networks for windows 2008 and windows 2012 server.
- Must have experience in installing and configuring windows desktops (Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8) and desktop application software
- Will be required to work with scripting automation tasks. Will be required to provide ad-hoc support for application servers and clients for line of business applications.
Preferred experience in configuring cisco switches and firewalls not limited to setting up switch ports, vlans, access rules and policies.
Preferred experience in setting up and managing Vmware, Vsphere and Vcenter.
Preferred experience in scripting using windows powershell for basic AD management.
- Must have strong english speaking skills.
- Be able to deal with emergencies with calm
- Be motivated to learn new skills and work hard
- Be easy to get along and enjoy working in a team
HOW TO APPLY:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 604-288-1600 ext 1
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers